[riot-users] RIOT Release 2014.01

Günes, Mesut Mesut.Guenes at fu-berlin.de
Wed Jan 22 09:00:06 CET 2014

Congratulations !!!

On 21.01.2014, at 19:26, Oleg Hahm <oliver.hahm at inria.fr<mailto:oliver.hahm at inria.fr>> wrote:

Dear RIOT developers and users,

it's an honor and pleasure to announce the second official release of the
RIOT operating system:
               -----------------------------------
               *         RIOT 2014.01            *
               -----------------------------------
This release version introduces various new features and drivers. Also, it
improves existing implementations by providing bug fixes, cleanups, and
restructuring.

Highlights of this release are the new CCN network stack, the POSIX socket
wrapper and the integration of external libraries such as libcoap and OpenWSN
through a BSD-like package system. Furthermore, we put quite some effort in
a better documentation and an easier to understand structure of the network
stack.

We also incorporated our experience from the demonstration for the SAFEST
project [1][2] using RIOT with RPL and UDP by fixing and stabilizing the
network stack. For debugging and testing we have also developed and extended
some external tools like RIOT-TV [3] and desvirt [4]. While RIOT-TV can
visualize real or emulated RIOT networks (using the native port), desvirt helps
you to set up such an emulated network.

Find out more details about the release in our release notes (attached). New
users should also look at the (improved) getting started tutorials [5][6].

You can download the RIOT release from Github, either by cloning the
repository or using the tarball:
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/archive/2014.01.tar.gz

Happy RIOT,
Oleg

[1] http://safest.realmv6.org/
[2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRfZwO-ahrg
[3] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/Riot-TV
[4] https://github.com/des-testbed/desvirt
[5] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Introduction
[6] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Creating-your-first-RIOT-project
--
/* panic??  These should never occur in our application. */
       linux-2.6.6/drivers/scsi/aic7xxx/aiclib.c