[riot-users] RPL on the nRF51822?

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Tue Nov 4 11:56:21 CET 2014

Hi Trevor,

the rpl_udp example will unfortunately not work so far. The reason for
this is that the NRF radio is not linked to/does not implement the
transceiver interface as of now. So getting the NRF to work with the
network stack does require the completion of 2 tasks: i) finishing the
low-level radio driver so it works reliable and ii) linking the driver
to RIOTs transceiver interface. The branch you checked out is only aimed
at completing i), so ii) is still a TODO.

Maybe have a look at the tranceiver (sys/include/transceiver.h and
sys/transceiver/transceiver.c) for information on fast (but old way) of
linking the radio to the network stack. An important note though: we are
currently in the process of remodeling the network driver interface.

@Martine, can you give more information about this?

Then happy hacking!

Cheers,
Hauke