[riot-users] New routing protocols available

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Fri Nov 28 01:37:19 CET 2014

Dear RIOT users,

thanks to the great work of Lotte and Fabian, I'm happy to announce that as
from today you have more options for choosing a routing protocol in RIOT.

Lotte implemented the first public reference implementation of AODVv2, which
got merged today as https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/1767. It implements
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-aodvv2/ which is the
designated successor of the well-known AODV protocol (RFC 3561).

Fabian implemented the non-storing mode for RPL (RFC 6550) which got merged as
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/1440 today. Thanks to his efforts RIOT
now supports the two main operating modes of RPL.

I'd like to thank both of you as well as everyone else who helped to make this
happen.

Happy testing of these two new routing options!

The best thing about mathematical jokes is left as an exercise for the reader.