[riot-users] NFC support on RIOT

Francesco Ermini francescoermini8 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 22:48:30 CEST 2014

Hi Hauke,
Sorry for my late reply,today I talk about all those problems  with the
Ph.D student who follow my project. We decided to try using SPI,already
supported in riot, with the Adafruit Shield NFC (the issue that christian
notices before can be fixed making a new pinout mapping,
http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=45469).
However,after reaching the first goal,we can take a look on how to do the
porting of your l2C protocol from lpc2387 to sam3x. Thanks , Francesco

>  Hi Francesco,
>
> I am working on an I2C low-level driver interface for RIOT as we speak, I
> hope it will be ready by mid-week. Then of course the implementation for
> the sam3x (UDOO) is still missing, but maybe that is something you are
> willing to look into? This way you could just port the existing Arduino
> drivers instead of re-writing everything by hand...
>
> Cheers,
> Hauke
>

> On 04.10.2014 21:17, Francesco Ermini wrote:
>
> ok! thanks,I'll begin study all that material. The I2C problem would be
> better resolved buying the breakout board that support SPI (it's a very
> long work and I have to choose the quikest way). However thanks for let me
> notice this issues! During next weeks I'll focus on writing  the library
> for the Breakout board ( http://www.adafruit.com/product/364 )

>> Hi,
>>
>> For an example of a minimal device driver on top of a low level
>> interface, you might want to look at the (already merged) pull request for
>> the pir driver:
>>
>> https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/1714
>>
>> It should be sufficient as a reference to get you started.
>>
>> Cheers, Ludwig
>>

>> Am 4. Oktober 2014 19:52:46 MESZ, schrieb Francesco Ermini <
>> francescoermini8 at gmail.com>:
>>  >For the NFC I'll use two Adafruit shields  PN532,they are going to
>> >arrive
>> >next week.The boards which run RIOT are two UDOO quad. The professors
>> >told
>> >me that the first purpose is to let comunicate the two board,each one
>> >with
>> >his NFC connected. Thanks for the advice about SPI,if it works with
>> >RFID,then it works with the NFC who as the same ISO standard. Do you
>> >think
>> >is easier to port the arduino drivers then writing the module? can you
>> >suggest me a link for the documentation on it? Thanks for support, when
>> >I'll start coding I'll sure pull a request on GitHub!

>  --
> Francesco Ermini
> Via Abebe Bikila, 8 50012 (FI)
> cell. 3338710609