[riot-users] Starting Riot

Satyan Raj satyan at denarit.com
Sun Oct 12 21:59:33 CEST 2014

Hello Friends,

I am using nrf51822 mcu on 2 projects. We are considering RIOT OS. But
while looking at github commits, RIOT for nrf mcu is in very early stage.

By when can we expect BLE and other peripherals lib like I2C, ADC, SPI and
UART to be available.

Fyi: Nordic just released s120 softdrive.

Thanks and regards,
Satyan Raj

On 13 Oct 2014 01:14, "Marcio Segura" <marciopps at gmx.com> wrote:

> Hi friends, I am starting using RIOT (uC Nordic nRF51822, Board pca10000)
but I have some issues I would like you could help me:
> 1. I couldn't figure out when the OS takes control of the uC, because in
some examples the "main(void)" procedure never calls Riot.
> 2. I couldn't figure out how to make more than one independent task.
Again in "main(void)" looks like a bare metal program.
> 3. Solving the issue 2, when I put the priority on each task?
> 4. Do you have some kind of manual or example telling the configuration
of semaphores, mutex, events? There are some example with 2 or more simple
tasks like a "blinking led" and "display writing" in same program?