[riot-users] Starting Riot

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Mon Oct 13 09:53:06 CEST 2014

Hi Satyan,

the support for the NRF chip is quite young indeed. Although the base
support should be quite stable, there are two known issues I am
currently working on: i) the interrupt driven UART is still buggy and
ii) the vtimer seems to crash randomly.

For the UART there is an open PR [1], but it still needs to be fixed.
For other peripherals there are branches in my github: I2C [2], SPI [3],
ADC [4]. These are not well tested yet, but I expect them to be in a
merge-able state by mid November.

Regarding Nordics soft-device: There is currently no plan on making it
work with RIOT, as I plan to implement the lower BLE layers myself to
customize them for the use with 6LoWPAN. But it shouldn't be hard to use
the Nordic stuff - feel free to do so and let us know of your progress!

Cheers,
Hauke

[2] https://github.com/haukepetersen/RIOT/tree/add_nrf_i2c
[3] https://github.com/haukepetersen/RIOT/tree/add_nrf_spi