[riot-users] RIOT networking

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Thu Oct 16 01:32:21 CEST 2014

Hi Pierre!

Sorry for the late reply.

Actually, in the past it turned out to be difficult finding widely available
and not too expensive Cortex driven platforms with a radio chip. Fortunately,
it seems that the situation is slowly improving with some new boards popping
up on the market to fill this gap.

Currently we're mostly focusing on support for the IoT-Lab M3 nodes [1][2]
which are used in the FIT IoT-LAB [3]. Although these nodes are only available
as part of the testbed, the IoT-Lab provides open remote access. Otherwise,
you might consider using the HikoB Fox [4] which is very similar to the
IoT-Lab hardware. If you work for some company, you can purchase these boards
from HikoB.

We have also preliminary support for the Atmel SAM R21 [5] which also features
the same radio transceiver. A more functional support for this platform may
become available in December.

[1] https://www.iot-lab.info/hardware/m3/
[2] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Board%3A-IoT-LAB_M3
[3] https://www.iot-lab.info/