[riot-users] RIOT and UDOO: UART drivers for internal shared bus

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Thu Oct 30 12:58:57 CET 2014

Hi Francesco,

the UART driver for the UDOO board is almost ready, I actually hope it
will be merged today. The driver then enables you to access the SAM's
UART in a efficient way. For documentation best have a look at the
doxygen for `RIOT/drivers/include/periph/uart.h`.

Now for communicating between both MCUs, you would need to look into the
UDOO's documentation, namely the UDOO Starting Manual chapter 3:
'internal connections'. There you can see, that the SAM is connected via
it's primary URXD and UTXD with the iMX. This UART is mapped in RIOT to
UART_0. So for sending and receiving on the SAM side, you just need to
use RIOT's UART interface with UART_0. On the iMX side, I can't really
help you, just look it up in UDOO's documentation.

I hope this is of any help to you, if you need additional information
let me know!

Cheers,
Hauke