[riot-users] Need clarification on lgpl license terms for proprietary work

Shankar Bandal shankar.bandal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 06:41:41 CEST 2014

Hi,

We have query on license terms and conditions.
We are planning to develop algorithms based on  cm4 and we are planning to
use RIOT.
Based on our initial study about this os, it doesn't support dynamic
(.so). Also final executable is single binary.
Which means work/algorithms developed with RIOT will be considered as
derived work and will need to open to all free of cost.

But from RIOT website,  proprietary work need not be open.

So we need clarity on what precautions/steps we should follow to protect
our work which involves our IPs
Also static libraries which linked with RIOT to form final single
executable is considered as independent work and lgpl license terms are not
applicable to them.

Please clarify.

Regards,
Shankar