[riot-users] Need help where to start for adding support for TI TM4C1294NCPDT

Frank Sautter riot-os at sautter.com
Thu Apr 9 13:45:07 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm new to riot-os. I spent the Easter weekend to familiarize with
riot-os and I like the concept behind it.
In the past I've been developing hard- and software for AVR based micros
accompanied with ENC28J60 Ethernet controllers mainly for building
automation.

I would like to use the Texas Instrument TM4C1294NCPDT
http://www.ti.com/tool/EK-TM4C1294XL for some of my future projects as
it is a real single chip solution for Ethernet-connected devices. It has
an 10/100 Ethernet MAC and *PHY* on-chip and plenty of GPIO and other
function modules. The EK-TM4C1294XL LaunchPad demo-board can be bought
for only 20 EURs from Mouser.

As far as I found out, the network stack of riot-os is currently
undergoing a re-factoring.

I would be nice if some senior project members could give me some hints
where to get started, to get this microcontroller and its Ethernet
module supported by riot-os.

Cheers,
 Frank