[riot-users] Newcomer

Martine Lenders authmillenon at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 16:32:28 CEST 2015

Hey Jerome,
I'm only using the old vtimer API to date and since I don't use it for
longterm events I don't face many problems. As such I can't say much about
the stability of the new API. The problem with the old (and one of the main
reasons why it is about to be phased out) is that it can't reliably handle
integer overflows, so if you plan to schedule events longer than about an
hour and a few minutes in the future (the equivalent of 2^32 - 1 ticks)
prepare for crashes with the old API. But I think it's in general a good
idea if someone with me knowledge about the timer architecture would help
you ;)

Cheers,
Martine