[riot-users] Newcomer

Kaspar Schleiser kaspar at schleiser.de
Mon Aug 3 14:51:05 CEST 2015

Hey Jerome,

On 08/01/2015 05:42 PM, jerome wrote:
> Is it stable enough to use the new vtimer interface or when will the old
> hwtimer will be deprecated ? I am not an expert but it makes sense to
> avoid using ticks and to have a pure event based mechanism.

Both timer implementations are tickless and event-based. The old stuff
(mainly vtimer) was just badly designed internally, while the new code
is (hopefully) not.

I guess for now you can safely just use vtimer. If you happen to run
into strange problems with those timers, pull request #3525 provides a
seamless upgrade to the new timer code.

Kaspar