[riot-users] RIOT for Application or Research?

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Fri Aug 7 20:43:39 CEST 2015

Dear Ron,

you were right with your perception that we, as the RIOT community, are
targeting both, research _and_ industry. Yet we are, in comparison to Contiki,
a rather young effort, but with a strong and fast-growing community, improving
and stabilizing the code at high speed.

Actually, we are about to get a new release out that provides vast
improvements to the network stack, hardware abstraction and consolidation, and
general system architecture and stability. Once this release has proven to
fulfill our demands in terms of stability and robustness, we will switch to
stable+development branch model, ensuring that the stable branch will be
suitable for industrial deployment.

panic("Alas, I survived.\n");
        linux-2.6.6/arch/ppc64/kernel/rtas.c