[riot-users] RIOT for Application or Research?

Ron Segal ron at suretronic.com
Sat Aug 8 01:47:47 CEST 2015

Hi Oleg

That seems like a very positive response, particularly your goal of 'industrial'
application.

Can I make a couple of hopefully relevant observations from Contiki experience
in particular.
- A decent, detailed user manual and well documented code is much of what seems
to separate research from commercial quality open-source software.
- Similarly an up-to-date, prioritised road map with some kind of time scale.
- Also details of contents of releases.
Apart from core releases it would be extremely helpful to be able to understand
the release status of each platform, perhaps a standard system to be used by
platform developers.

Difficult I realise with volunteer effort.

So will keep following and at some stage hopefully will be in a position to
contribute.

Best wishes

Ron