[riot-users] Running CC110x driver on new platform.

Mateusz Kubaszek mathir.km.riot at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 16:18:22 CET 2015

Hi,

> On 11/09/15 11:44, Mateusz Kubaszek wrote:
> >/My question is how to run a sample program utilizing the CC1101? I was />/analyzing the driver (btw basing on it I am writing CC1125 driver), it's />/API, but still making a simple program managing 6LoWPAN stack and />/transceiver is hard for me. My aim is to build a small testing mesh. /
> It should suffice to create a file "cc110x_params.h" with the correct
> SPI/pin parameters and put it in your include path, then add "USEMODULE
> += cc110x gnrc_netdev2 gnrc_cc110x" to your makefile, in addition to the
> other gnrc modules. I use gnrc_networking as a base and just add those
> modules.
>
> Check "boards/msba2/include/cc110x_params.h" for an example parameters
> file, but make sure to adjust the settings.
>
> Last time I tried there was a problem with 6lowpan IP header
> compression, so if you can't communicate between nodes using IPv6, try
> disabling iphc (by adding "DISABLE_MODULE += gnrc_sixlowpan_iphc" to the
> application's Makefile).
>
> Have fun!
> Kaspar

On native platform (linux) I had no problems running RPL using this
tutorial:
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Tutorial%3A-RIOT-and-Multi-Hop-Routing-with-RPL
I tried in many ways above configuration with CC1101. After reboot one
frame is sent. After initializing RPL another one. When "rpl root 1
2001:db8::1" command is executed no more frames are transmitted.
A new RPL DODAG was successfully added. "rpl" command gives reply with
instance table and dodag table marked.

I turned on DEBUG in gnrc_rpl_dodag.c, so on native I've got many
messages like these:
     > Instance with id 1 exists
     > DODAG with id: 2001:db8::1 does exist
     > trickle callback: Instance (1) | DODAG: (2001:db8::1)
On my own platform with CC1101 no messages appears.

I also tried with "DISABLE_MODULE += gnrc_sixlowpan_iphc" and it was the
same. I noticed that despite disabling IPHC phrase
-DMODULE_GNRC_SIXLOWPAN_IPHC is present in CFLAGS list (make info-build).

Transceivers are OK. After one module sends message, another one is
receiving it. So SPI and CC1101 is probably working correctly.

I have no ideas how to overcome these problems. Could you give me some
clues?