[riot-users] Need help in running Xbee with Arduino Due

Parul Agrawal parulagrawal14 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 09:44:52 CET 2015

Hi Riot Users,

I need small help in running Xbee over Arduino due with RIOT. I tried the
test program which is located in RIOT/tests/driver_xbee with the Makefile
having XBEE_UART ?= "1".

I assume that with the above changes Xbee will be running over pin 10 and
11 of Arduino due(which is USART port) as per below configuration mentioned
in RIOT/boards/arduino-due/include/periph_conf.h

static const uart_conf_t uart_config[] = {
    /* device, rx port, tx port, rx pin, tx pin, mux, PMC bit, IRGn line */
    {(Uart *)UART,   PIOA, PIOA,  8,  9, GPIO_MUX_A, ID_UART,   UART_IRQn},
    {(Uart *)USART0, PIOA, PIOA, 10, 11, GPIO_MUX_A, ID_USART0,
USART0_IRQn},
    {(Uart *)USART1, PIOA, PIOA, 12, 13, GPIO_MUX_A, ID_USART1,
USART1_IRQn},
    {(Uart *)USART3, PIOD, PIOD,  4,  5, GPIO_MUX_B, ID_USART3, USART3_IRQn}
};

I connected Xbee explorers DIN and DOUT pins accordingly to pin number 10
and 11 of arduino.. I also connected 3.3 V pins and gnd pins. I uploaded
Xbee driver test code but it was not working. Initially Xbee init function
was failing while trying to set the address of Xbee. Please let me know do
i need to do anything to run Xbee in Arduino due. its quite urgent and your
quick help is appreciated.

My end goal is to run gnrc_networking / gnrc_border_router with Xbee

Thanks and Regards,
Parul