[riot-users] run RIOT Tutorial on stm32f4dicovery

Ludwig Ortmann ludwig.ortmann at fu-berlin.de
Sun Jan 11 15:50:03 CET 2015

Hi Zhongwei,

You are correct, the board does not have a transceiver.

Also yes, [3] appears to pretty much still hold.

In order to use a CC2420 module with that board you have to implement
drivers/cc2420/include/cc2420_arch.h for it.

Examples of such implementations can be found in:
boards/telosb/driver_cc2420.c
boards/wsn430-v1_4/driver_cc2420.c
boards/z1/driver_cc2420.c

Neither of the boards uses the new periph interface yet.

As for the implementation - have a look at the nrf24l01p driver for an
example of a transceiver implementation that uses the new periph
interface. If you can rewrite the existing CC2420 driver to use the
periph interface, I assume it will be highly appreciated.

Once the transceiver works with the board you should be able to run
any of the existing applications which make use of a transceiver -
including sixlowapp.

Cheers,
Ludwig