[riot-users] ethernet with RIOT-OS

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 26 22:23:00 CET 2015

Hi Tom,

you can find modules with the enc28j60 chip for 1-2$ on ebay and other
platforms, should be easy to find. As you can connect the module to a
micro-controller board using jumper wires, you can use whatever board
you like best. If I should give a recommendation, I would probably go
either for a STM32F4discovery or the Arduino Due. Both should be pretty
stable and have good support from the community. The Atmel SAMR21-xpro
could also be a good choice, as it generates a lot of traction recently
and the combination of IEEE802.15.4 and Ethernet (via the external
module) could be interesting for further experiments...

Cheers,
Hauke