[riot-users] Switch to BSD?

Emmanuel Baccelli Emmanuel.Baccelli at inria.fr
Tue Jan 27 21:12:32 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

this thread has been silent since new year's break.

Has anyone changed his/her mind on the topic in the mean time?

Else, here's a tentative summary on where we are at, so far, in terms of
expressed opinions:

- a few have stated their enthusiasm for MIT/BSD
- a few have stated their enthusiasm for (L)GPL
- the vast majority is less enthusiastic to either direction but could
approve a switch to MIT, for pragmatic reasons

Is that fair enough, in a nutshell?

On a related topic, concerning the technical feasibility of LGPL licensing
with RIOT,
I assume you have all seen this proposal
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/LGPL-compliancy-guide
which is the first attempt at a practical guide to proprietary code in RIOT.

Any comments on this in the context of the license discussion?

Best,

Emmanuel