[riot-users] [riot-devel] Switch to BSD?

Joakim Gebart joakim.gebart at eistec.se
Thu Jan 29 09:30:13 CET 2015

If the proposed method in https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/2362
provides a way to legally comply with LGPL and still run proprietary
binary application level code on RIOT, then my vote is on LGPL.

This will make sure that any improvements to core, sys, drivers etc
are passed back to the project in the future as well, even if the
actual applications are not open.

Best regards,
Joakim Gebart
Managing Director