[riot-users] 802.15.4 for Linux

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Fri Jan 30 11:02:10 CET 2015

Dear reasoning IoTlers,

I know, we had this question already several times before , but I'm not sure
about the current state and if some of you have made new experiences in this
domain: is there any off-the-shelf hardware available that provides an IEEE
802.15.4 interface for Linux systems - preferable something like a USB stick?
If yes, does this hardware work with a standard Linux vanilla kernel and which
version is required? Or does it need any custom/developer version of a driver?
How well are upper layers like 6lowpan supported by Linux in the meantime? And
has anyone ever tried to connect such a device to a RIOT driven device?

Thanks,
printk("autofs: Out of inode numbers -- what the heck did you do??\n");
        linux-2.0.38/fs/autofs/root.c