[riot-users] Connection Raspberry Pi and samr21-xpro via 6lowpan

Brummer Simon brummer.simon at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 20 16:03:11 CEST 2015

Hello Everybody,

I try to connect a Raspberry Pi equipped with the openlabs 802.15.4
device, to the samr21-xpro board and I want to sniff the resulting
network traffic with wireshark.

On the Raspberry Pi there runs a simple TCP-Server. The Server seems to
be unable to bind the Socket to the 6lowpan interface due to a missing
IP-Adress.

How can I assign an adress to that interface? The usual "ip" and
"ifconfig" - commands don't work. I get an operation not supported error.

Looking forward hearing from you.

Simon