[riot-users] Several levels in a DODAG in native

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Thu Jul 23 09:12:33 CEST 2015

Hi Caroline!

> I am currently using tap devices as described in the link you sent, but
> didn't find the way to define a multi-hop network.  Should I use desvirt for
> multi-hop network ?

Yes, that would be the way to go for a virtual multi-hop network.

> I looked at desvirt before and thought it was only for creating grid
> topologies and I would like to have a tree topology, is it possible ?

Yes, this is possible. The topology_creator is part of desvirt and can help
you to configure simple standard topologies. Basically, it generates an XML
file in the .desvirt subdirectory that describes the topology. You can modify
this XML file in order to setup every desired topology.

Please take a look at the XML file(s) and let us know how self-explaining
you'll find them.

/* Identify the flock of penguins.  */
        linux-2.2.16/arch/alpha/kernel/setup.c