[riot-users] CCN-lite with Arduino-mega2560

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Tue Jun 2 10:24:56 CEST 2015

Hi Changue!

> Regarding your answer, if i use CC1100 or CC2420 transceiver with
> Arduino-mega2560, could i test CCN-lite in real environment?

In theory yes, in practise, you would have to implement either a SPI-wrapper
to run the old cc1100 or cc2420 driver on the new periph code for the mega2560
or adapt the driver code itself for the mega2560.

Actually, I think it is *not* more difficult and much more future-proof to
adapt ccn-lite to the new netdev interface.
I guess you will only have to change two files:
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/sys/net/ccn_lite/ccnl-riot-compat.c
and
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/sys/net/ccn_lite/ccn-lite-relay.c

I've recently implemented a very simple (and very undocumented ;-))
application that does some link-layer forwarding against netdev in
https://github.com/OlegHahm/miniature-dangerzone/tree/master/l2_routing

Maybe this could help (in addition to
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/tree/master/tests/driver_at86rf2xx) as a
blueprint how to code against netdev. Basically, you have to replace calls and
IPC-messages against the transceiver module.

printk(" Speed now 1x");        /* Pull my finger! */
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/cdrom/mcd.c