[riot-users] packet format of ccn-lite in RIOT

Emmanuel Baccelli Emmanuel.Baccelli at inria.fr
Thu Jun 11 10:09:25 CEST 2015

Hi Xili
Le 9 juin 2015 23:54, "Xili Wan" <wanxili at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi Emmanuel,
>
>    Based on my understanding of the source code of RIOT, the current
ccn-lite module in RIOT is plugged via the netapi interface, so do you
think there is something in the newer release that will make it not work on
riot? what is it?

Where did you see this in the code? The ccn-lite module is not plugged in
via netapi so far (unless you are talking about a branch I am not aware
of). So this is still to do.

>    Or are you taking about a better long term way (the first option you
mentioned ) of supporting ccn-lite evolution with RIOT?

This is independent of using netapi. Since ccn-lite seems to be maintained
(which was not the case last year) it makes sense to synch with their code
base and thus to go for a package import approach (see RIOT/pkg directory
for examples of this approach).

Emmanuel

Emmanuel.Baccelli at inria.fr> wrote:

>> Hi Xili,
>>
>> Indeed, the version of CCN-lite supported in RIOT so far is 0.8 if I
remember correctly. Porting the most recent version of CCN-lite was
planned, but not acted upon so far to my knowledge, due to lack of
manpower. I think the main ideas were to:

>> - import CCN-lite as a third-party package, to facilitate synch with
CCN-lite updates
>> - plug CCN-lite via the netapi interface, to interact in a flexible
manner with lower layers in RIOT

>> If you would like to go ahead with the port, let us know, it would be
great. In this case let's discuss the best way to go about it to fit the
latest developments of RIOT network stack, generic interfaces etc. such as
the two above suggestions.

>> Best,
>>
>> Emmanuel
>>
>> Le 9 juin 2015 20:20, "Xili Wan" <wanxili at gmail.com> a écrit :
>>>
>>> HI,
>>>
>>>    I noticed the ccn-lite version in RIOT is ccnb based. Latest
ccn-lite supports TLV format. Is there a version of RIOT which contain the
ccn-lite modular with TLV format?