[riot-users] transceiver's driver support for Arudino mega 2560

Peter Kietzmann peter.kietzmann at haw-hamburg.de
Wed Jun 17 09:07:32 CEST 2015

Hi Xili,

in addition to Kaspars mail: The Arduino-mega2560 has no GPIO
implementation right now (and also no SPI). That's why there is no
transceiver support even if we have this architecure-independet drivers.
You could use other boards to drive your Xbee like stm boards or
arduino-due. They are cheaper but you need cables. (When using
arduino-due be aware of the pinout, I'm not sure if we already managed
to configure the pins so one could just plug the Xbee shield on the board).

Regarding the Atmel sam21: Even if the status is "in progress" I
recommend that platform. It is well supported in RIOT and used by many
of our core developers. I think "in progress" means that not all
features are implemented now. But the most are, right now.

Best,
Peter