[riot-users] IoT goes UMTS

Emmanuel Baccelli Emmanuel.Baccelli at inria.fr
Mon Mar 2 14:13:34 CET 2015

Hi Oleg

interesting. Concerning IoT "network operators", here's something I came
across recently, that is related: SIGFOX [1].
They use 868MHz band in Europe (and 900 band in the US), and rent space in
cell towers (just like mobile network operators using GSM/UMTS etc.) to
connect IoT devices to the Internet. Here's an interview of one of their
guys where he talks more about it [2].

Best,

Emmanuel

[1] http://www.sigfox.com/en/#!/connected-world