[riot-users] Using OpenWSN on a custom board

Thomas Eichinger thomas.eichinger at fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 9 11:25:00 CET 2015

Hi Eriza,

using the current OpenWSN pkg of RIOT on your board should be pretty
straight forward as it is very similar to the iot-lab_M3. In
openwsn/bsp/boards exists a riot-adaption directory implementing BSP
parts by RIOT’s periph interfaces.
Only thing that might need some attention is radio.c as it is still
very at86rf231 centric which we will get rid of with the new interfaces
defined by the Network Stack Task Force.

To use OpenWSN stack you’d currently have to write a OpenWSN application
as the example applications shipped with OpenWSN. There are plans to
improve interaction and make use of RIOT’s IPC system not done by now
because of a lack of developer time.

Hope this helps, don’t hesitate to come back with further questions.

Best, Thomas