[riot-users] About introduction and getting started with GSoC 2015 Project Ideas

Peter Kietzmann peter.kietzmann at haw-hamburg.de
Wed Mar 18 09:28:13 CET 2015

Hi Pankaj,

thanks for your interest and welcome to RIOT! Sorry for the late
response, something must have gone wrong in organization. To get
comfortable with RIOT and the workflow in our community you can scroll
through our wiki pages [1], read our contributing guidlines [2] and
development procedures [3]. The best way to start contributing is to
pick one open issue [4] which is marked as 'Newbie-Task-Candidate' .

Also there will be a virtual meeting today @ 14:00 CET. Please follow
[5] to see how to participate the call.

Would you mind using the devel-mailing list for further discussions?

Cheers,
Peter

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki
[2] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Contributing-to-RIOT
[3] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Development-procedures
[4] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/issues
[5]
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Instructions-for-remote-participation

Am 12.03.2015 um 15:17 schrieb Pankaj Randhe:
> Hi
>
> I am Pankaj, Masters student from Indian Institute of Technology
> Bombay, India. I am pursuing my masters in Geo-informatics and have
> completed my B. Tech in Information Technology.
>
> I am interested to work on GSoC Project Idea: "Support for Bluetooth
> Low Energy". I am comfortable programming in C and have knowledge
> about IoT based systems related to Geo-spatial domain.
>
> I would be thankful if I could know -  How can I get started with the
> project idea mentioned above? How can I get some bugs to solve to make
> myself comfortable with this whole idea of RIOT?
>
> Thanking You.
>
> Pankaj Randhe
> IIT Bombay, India.

Peter Kietzmann