[riot-users] radio for STM32F4discovery?

Peter Kietzmann peter.kietzmann at haw-hamburg.de
Mon Mar 23 09:13:50 CET 2015

Hi Dean,

I guess most of the STM32F4discovery-users are not strongly interested
in radio communication.  However, in general you can use any external
transceiver that is based on SPI or I2C (and of course has RIOT
support). Currently we *just* have the lowlevel support for the
proprietary nrf24l01+ transceiver [1]. I will do the adaptation to the
ng_netdev interface according to the new network stack when this is in a
stable state.
Also there are plans to add support for the external 802.15.4
transceiver MRF24J40MA. But I can't tell when this will be done.

Best,
Peter

[1] http://www.nordicsemi.com/eng/Products/2.4GHz-RF/nRF24L01P
[2] http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?product=MRF24J40MA