[riot-users] Help: new IoT project bootstrap

Massimo Andreasi Bassi massimoandreasi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 03:33:45 CEST 2015

Hi everyone, I'm new to the users list and, first of all, I would like to
compliment the whole community for the work on RIOT, I literally fell in
love with the project.

I am the CTO of a startup with HQ in the Bay Area, we are working on an IoT
project and we are currently bringing the hardware to manufacturing.

On the software side, we have been prototyping till now with arduino-like
frameworks and we are in the process of locking the final hardware
components and choosing our software stack.

I would love to pick RIOT as our OS and I'm looking for someone, in the bay
area, that can help us bootstrap the solution, maybe as a contractor, and
eventually join the team full time.

Some more details:
The micro of choice is an ARM Cortex M4, the STM32F415.
We are still in the process of picking a wifi and BLE chip (we are working
with Broadcom) and we are open to suggestions.

High level features of the core firmware are:
- Wifi config done sending credentials over BLE
- CoAP/cbor communication with our backend infrastructure
- basic Bonjour/mDNS implementation (to be discovered from the mobile app)
- simple HTTP server on the device to get rest call from a mobile app
- OTA update of the firmware

Any feedback is appreciated, every technical decision is still open for
discussion.

Thanks!
Massimo