[riot-users] MRF24J40 or SAMR21 (or AT86RF2xx) and FCC Certified Module

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Mon May 4 15:50:12 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 02.05.2015 03:40, Drasko DRASKOVIC wrote:
> Hi all,
> I tumbled on this thread:
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.riot.devel/1458 while looking for
> support for MRF24J40 in RIOT. What is the current state with SPI
> driver for this module - does it exits?
some members of the community do actually have access to that chip -
though to my knowledge nobody started to implement a driver yet...

> Actually, this module is quite nice, as it is FCC certified and not expensive.
>
> Other solution would be probably using SAMR21, but I could not find
> any existing FCC certified module on the market. Is someone aware of
> some SAMR21 FCC CE certified module that can be used with RIOT in
> real-world project?
not sure, all we used so far are the samr21-xpro boards...

> I am opened to suggestions for some other 6LoWPAN radio modules that
> are certified and that I can get on the market to integrate in my
> project.
I do not know about certification status of any available modules, maybe
some else in the community?

Cheers,
Hauke