[riot-users] Renaming of thread stacksize/priority constants

Lucas Jenß lists at x3ro.de
Thu May 21 17:08:04 CEST 2015

Dear RIOT developers,

#2881 [1,2] has been merged, which introduces a couple of naming changes to often-used thread related constants. To summarize, here’s the commit message:

	As discussed in #2725 [3], this commit renames a number of stacksize constants to
	better convey their intended usage. In addition, constants for thread priority
	are given a `THREAD_` prefix. Changes are:

	* KERNEL_CONF_STACKSIZE_PRINTF renamed to THREAD_EXTRA_STACKSIZE_PRINTF
	* KERNEL_CONF_STACKSIZE_DEFAULT renamed to THREAD_STACKSIZE_DEFAULT
	* KERNEL_CONF_STACKSIZE_IDLE renamed to THREAD_STACKSIZE_IDLE
	* KERNEL_CONF_STACKSIZE_MAIN renamed to THREAD_STACKSIZE_MAIN
	* Move thread stacksizes from kernel.h to thread.h, since the prefix changed
	* PRIORITY_MIN renamed to THREAD_PRIORITY_MIN
	* PRIORITY_IDLE renamed to THREAD_PRIORITY_IDLE
	* PRIORITY_MAIN renamed to THREAD_PRIORITY_MAIN
	* Move thread priorities from kernel.h to thread.h since the prefix has changed
	* MINIMUM_STACK_SIZE renamed to THREAD_STACKSIZE_MINIMUM for consistency

These changes will probably break your application if you’re using threads. If you encounter any issues due to these naming changes, please let me know by creating an issue and assigning/mentioning me or writing on the mailing list.

Cheers,
Lucas

[1]: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/2881
[2]: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/commit/426170b06439badf41818a58b37117aac26806a9