[riot-users] Posix Sockets problem

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Wed Nov 4 00:53:07 CET 2015

Caroline,

Sorry for the late response.

> Thanks for the recent release ! It's nice and a good job !

Thanks for the nice words!

> But I have a problem with the posix_sockets example.  I try to use it to
> send messages from one node to another using udp, but the udp server is only
> receiving the first 28 messages, after that no more message is received.
> Does it happen for other people too ?
> Does anyone have an idea about why it happens ?

Right now, I have no idea what could go wrong. In fact, I could successfully
run experiments over 7 days with 10,000 pings. Which hardware are you using?
Have you checked if you experience the same problem without POSIX sockets,
e.g. using the gnrc_networking example?

The worst part about token ring jokes is that if someone starts telling one
while you are telling yours, all joking stops.