[riot-users] transceiver with STM32F103CB ARM micro -- new platform questions

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Wed Nov 4 01:10:49 CET 2015

Hi John,

> I am simply looking for a guide to making a platform that will run RIOT with the recent stable release
> without running out of memory.  After that, I am interested in studying RIOT code
> to learn about easy ways to sleep and slow the clock for power savings while still
> listening with a 900MHz radio.

in the current version, RIOT requires about 60kB of ROM (w/o shell) and less
than 18kB of RAM for an application with the full network stack (including
6LoWPAN, RPL, and UDP). RAM usage depends very much on your use case. Default
configuration allocates 6kB for buffering packets and memory for a forwarding
table of length 20.

The best thing about CSS jokes is that they are misunderstood and taken
incorrectly by Internet Explorer.