[riot-users] using lis3dh in STM32F4 discovery board

Alicja Norrdine norrdine at yahoo.de
Thu Nov 12 11:53:04 CET 2015

         Hi,
I am using RIOT-OS in STM32F4discovery. The hello world program runs very well. Unfortunately I can compile the lis3dh example (located in /RIOT/tests/driver_lis3dh) but the program didn’t run on the board correctly. Because I read 255 from the LIS3DH_REG_WHO_AM_I Register. Did you have any idea how to let the lis3dh example run correctly in STM32F4discovery properly.

Many thanks,

Abdel

Similar to the hello world program, I copied the /RIOT/tests/driver_lis3dh in a new directory.
I added at the beginning of the main program:

#include <stdio.h>
#include "board.h"
#include "xtimer.h"
#include "periph/spi.h"
#include "periph/gpio.h"
#include "lis3dh.h"
#include "vtimer.h"

#define     LIS3DH_CS   GPIO_PIN(PORT_E, 3)
#define     LIS3DH_SPI   SPI_0
#define     LIS3DH_INT1   GPIO_PIN(PORT_E, 0)
#define     LIS3DH_INT2   GPIO_PIN(PORT_E, 1)

I used the following Makefile:

APPLICATION = driver_lis3dh
#include ../Makefile.tests_common
RIOTBASE ?= $(CURDIR)/../RIOT
QUIET ?= 1
FEATURES_REQUIRED = periph_spi periph_gpio

USEMODULE += lis3dh
USEMODULE += xtimer
USEMODULE += vtimer

include $(RIOTBASE)/Makefile.include