[riot-users] Running CC110x driver on new platform.

Kaspar Schleiser kaspar at schleiser.de
Mon Nov 16 11:09:33 CET 2015

Hey Mateusz,

On 11/09/15 11:44, Mateusz Kubaszek wrote:
> My question is how to run a sample program utilizing the CC1101? I was
> analyzing the driver (btw basing on it I am writing CC1125 driver), it's
> API, but still making a simple program managing 6LoWPAN stack and
> transceiver is hard for me. My aim is to build a small testing mesh.

It should suffice to create a file "cc110x_params.h" with the correct
SPI/pin parameters and put it in your include path, then add "USEMODULE
+= cc110x gnrc_netdev2 gnrc_cc110x" to your makefile, in addition to the
other gnrc modules. I use gnrc_networking as a base and just add those
modules.

Check "boards/msba2/include/cc110x_params.h" for an example parameters
file, but make sure to adjust the settings.

Last time I tried there was a problem with 6lowpan IP header
compression, so if you can't communicate between nodes using IPv6, try
disabling iphc (by adding "DISABLE_MODULE += gnrc_sixlowpan_iphc" to the
application's Makefile).

Have fun!
Kaspar