[riot-users] maximum execution time / regular reset

Michael Zapf michael.zapf at fau.de
Sat Sep 12 17:27:56 CEST 2015

Hi,

thanks for this great piece of software.

After testing around on a STM32F3-Discovery I now made my own hardware
based on a STM32F030C8 for a student project at university.
With this I tried to get some basic tests working.

My first problem was that the CPU does not have any 32-bit timers. With
the 16-bit timers I hardly got the hwtimer working. My first problem
was/is, that the hwtimer is much too fast if HWTIMER_SPEED is getting
higher than HWTIMER_MAXTICKS.
I "solved" this problem by using a prescaler and speed such that:
	HWTIMER_SPEED < HWTIMER_MAXTICKS

But now I have another serious problem:
The execution of my program's main is aborted after 3 seconds and the
CPU resets. The time depends (linearly) on the prescaler for the timer.
If I double the Prescaler, the execution time doubles. But I can't find
a reason why the system should be reset depending on the hwtimer.

The CPU's watchdog is disabled.
Is there anything like a "RIOT internal watchdog" or does anyone have
another idea where my mistake could be?

Thanks,
Michael

Michael Zapf

*Authentizität und Datenschutz sind wichtig!*

Diese Nachricht ist mittels GnuPG digital unterschrieben.
Öffentlicher Schlüssel: http://www.mizaloads.de/sec/mzmailpub.asc