[riot-users] Multihop Network

Martine Lenders authmillenon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 15:28:34 CEST 2015

Hi Santiago,
desvirt is solely meant to provide virtual networks for the native platform
(which allows you to run RIOT as a process on a Linux or OSX machine). For
the IoT-Lab testbed you need a routing protocol or static routes to be able
to use multihop networking. The `gnrc_networking` example (you can find it
in the examples/ directory) provides the RPL routing protocol already for
you, which can be configured using the `rpl` command. For static routes you
need at least the `fib` module, which allows you to configure the routes
with the `fibroute` command.

Hope this was helpful,
Martine