[riot-users] Fwd: Re: Multihop Network

Martine Lenders authmillenon at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 23:32:40 CEST 2015

> I rather would suggest to look into the posix sockets that are now merged
> into master. An example usage can be found here [1]

I would rather suggest to look into `conn` (can be found at
`sys/include/net/conn`). That's the API the POSIX socket's are using to
implement their functionality. POSIX sockets are mainly meant to provide
POSIX compliancy, to be used for porting external libraries for example.
`conn` however is much more streamlined to one connection type and needs
much fewer resources because of that. Keep in mind though, that `conn` is a
rather young API, that might see some changes after the release, so if you
are looking for a stable API, go for sockets, too.

Cheers,
Martine