[riot-users] Sniffer RIOT

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Sun Dec 18 23:35:02 CET 2016

Hi Alberto!

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 05:10:04PM +0100, Alberto Ciolini wrote:
> thank for reply, I was kind of busy yesterday and couldn't answer.
> I have some questions. I flashed the application on OpenMote but output
> file .pcap of wireshark is empty.
> The channel refers to the wifi channel to which I am connected?

The OpenMote has a 802.15.4 transceiver, not wifi. Hence, you should configure
the sniffer to use the same channel as the other OpenMote and the Pi. In order
to configure the channel on the OpenMote on RIOT, you have to use the ifconfig
command in the shell.

> Initially, i had a OpenMote only but some people told me that I must have
> two OpenMote; one for the border router and the other for the sniffer. Is
> it correct?

Can you briefly describe what exactly you want to achieve? What is your use
case and what is your setup? If you have a Pi involved, why don't you simply
use it as the sniffer, too?

printk("you lose buddy boy...\n");
        linux-2.6.6/arch/sparc/kernel/traps.c