[riot-users] Sniffer RIOT

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Tue Dec 20 18:35:43 CET 2016

Hi Alberto!

On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 11:47:05PM +0100, Alberto Ciolini wrote:
> Because it is not the task of my thesis. I have to use OpenMote to sniff
> packets on a network and communicate with raspberry py on which there is
> installed an IDS, namely Bro. But I have problems to solve this. On
> OpenMote I must also integrate a library, Bro Communication Library, to
> communicate precisely with Bro.
> Have you roughly understood my project?

Roughly. I still don't get get where exactly a border router is required, but
anyhow. The first thing you should check, is that communication is actually
working. Either between the two OpenMotes (using, for example, the
gnrc_networking example) or between one OpenMote and the Pi. Once you can
confirm that this works, you can try to setup the sniffer, making sure to use
the correct channel. If you still don't get any output, you could try to debug
it using gdb.

        if(ct<0)
                ct=2;        /* Shit happens.. */
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/net/wan/z85230.c