[riot-users] How to execute "gnrc_networking"

Cenk Gündoğan list-riot at cgundogan.de
Mon Dec 26 12:46:37 CET 2016

Hello Dicek,

I couldn't reproduce the segfault on my system (Arch) with RIOT-2016.10.
Can you provide the core dump file? This way, we would at least know
where the crash occured. If no dump file is generated, then you can also
run `PORT=tap0 make debug` instead of `PORT=tap0 make term`. This
command will start your binary in gdb and you can run RIOT by typing
`run` in the gdb shell. In this mode, more information regarding the
segfault should be displayed.

BTW, Ubuntu12.04 is pretty old (: Do you have experience with
Vagrant[1]? There is a Vagrantfile in RIOT's root directory, which can
be used to jump-start a RIOT VM (Ubuntu16.04) with all necessary tools
pre-installed. You can find more information here [2].

[1] https://www.vagrantup.com/
[2] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/dist/tools/vagrant/README.md

Cheers,
Cenk Gündoğan