[riot-users] How to execute "gnrc_networking"

dicek bear dicek334 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 11:24:32 CET 2016

Dear Cenk,

Thank you for important information about my RIOT-2016.10 problem.
As you say, I found core dump file, but it was not generated.
Next step, I ran "PORT0=tap0 make debug" , and start RIOT program
by typing 'run' in the (gdb) shell. The following messages are displayed.

   Starting program:
/home/user/Desktop/RIOT-2016.10/examples/gnrc_networking/bin/native/gnrc_networking.elf
tap0
   RIOT native interrupts/signals initialized.
   LED_RED_OFF
   LED_GREEN _ON
   RIOT native board initialized.
   RIOT native hardware initialization complete.

   0x00000000 in ?? ()

In the "signup.h" file, 'SIGSEGV' means 'Segmentation violation'. It is a
only information in the (gdb) shell display.
What does '0x00000000 in ?? ()' mean ?.

Anyway it may be difficult to execute RIOT2016.10 on the Ubuntu 12.04.
I have not experienced Vagrant. If all necessary tools are pre-installed,
It it helpful for me. I try to install Vagrant.

Thank you,
Dicek Bear

Hello Dicek,