[riot-users] How to use gpio (Arduino Uno)

Peter Kietzmann peter.kietzmann at haw-hamburg.de
Mon Jul 4 11:57:16 CEST 2016

Hi Shovon,

first of all: welcome to the RIOT community! The arduino-uno support in
RIOT is WIP [1] and currently not part of the RIOT master. Did you use
that pull request?

What do you mean by the "native program"? "native" in RIOT is a hardware
emulation running in a linux process on your PC and it has no real
GPIOs. Basically every program can be built for the native board but I'm
not aware of any "native program".

[2] demonstrates how to use GPIOs. It comes with a small shell and
allows to initialize, set and read pins during runtime.

Best regards
Peter

[2] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/tree/master/tests/periph_gpio