[riot-users] Size of the my project

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Tue Mar 1 14:59:39 CET 2016

Hi Mark!

On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 02:45:39PM +0100, Mark Bul wrote:
> The UDOO's hardware has 512KB of flash memory, but there's a possibility to
> add a micro SD card of 8GB or more, so since that my project is 20MB, is it
> okay or still it has to be less than 512KB?

Well, first of all you would have to write a driver to support this card
reader on the board (which, normally, shouldn't be too much of a problem). But
more problematic is the fact that you won't be able to execute any code from
the card directly, but would have to implement some swapping mechanism, which
is probably a really challenging task.

If you just want too offload some data to the memory card, then it's much
easier.

> Because if I can't overcome that size then everything I did is wrong. That's
> why it's important for me to know it.

May I ask you how you managed to write a program or library that requires 20MB
of memory? Do you have a pointer to your code?

Everyone gets a broadcast joke