[riot-users] Size of the my project

Cenk G√ľndogan cenk.guendogan at fu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 1 15:01:10 CET 2016

Hello Mark Bul,

I don't think that it's possible to extend the native address space onto
an external
flash memory, which is probably driven by SPI.

Do you really need 20 MB of coding size, or are parts of that
big files like pictures/videos/music files? Those can be loaded at runtime
and then accessed/worked on without problems.

If you really need 20 MB of code, then I don't see a simple solution here.
You probably could split your program into small parts and load these parts
on demand from the SD flash memory into the SRAM of your microcontroller
and execute the code snip from RAM, but this degrades the overall
performance
is very hard to maintain..

Best,
Cenk