[riot-users] Size of the my project

Cenk G√ľndogan cenk.guendogan at fu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 3 17:04:38 CET 2016

Hello Mark,

there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers (:
Where did you get that 50MB from?
When you compile for your board then you have
a binary representation of the source code parts that
are necessary for your board + the desired modules
configured in the Makefiles. Additionally, the compiler
does a good job at optimizing the binary for a smaller size.
Furthermore, there are plenty of extra tools in the RIOT
folder that have nothing to do with your board per se,
but merely assist in testing RIOT or doing other housekeeping stuff.

When I build the default project residing in the `examples` folder for
the udoo platform, then I get a binary blob which would take up 12,5kb
of ROM on the flash.

Did that help?

Best,
Cenk