[riot-users] Border router FIT IoT Lab

Kaspar Schleiser kaspar at schleiser.de
Fri Mar 11 13:08:55 CET 2016

Hey Theodore,

do you want to use a border router?

If not,
- add the lines as recommended in "dist/tools/ethos/README.md" to your
application's Makefile
- also add "CFLAGS += '-DSTDIO_BAUDRATE=115200'"
- remove "USEMODULE += gnrc_slip" (if any)

- compile & flash the node
- compile ethos by running "make" in "dist/tools/ethos"
- run ethos in "dist/tools/ethos": "ethos tap0 <your-iotlab-m3-serial-port>"

At this point, you should have serial output of the node showing up as
output of the ethos command.

If you've tried with the microcoap_server example, there'll be no output
after some initial status. Try calling "BOARD=iotlab-m3 make reset" in
examples/microcoap_server, in another shell.

If you can see output, "only" thing left is configuring the network.

Kaspar