[riot-users] Border router FIT IoT Lab

Theodore Kotsonis kotsonis at aueb.gr
Fri Mar 11 13:43:07 CET 2016

Dear Kaspar

Thank you again for the reply. I run the microcoap_example in native
board and now I want to upload the experiment in a M3 node ( only the
coap-server ) . CoAP client ( I take it from libcoap ) will be in my
pc ( linux process ) and I send request from client to take a response
from server ( coap-client "coap://[(IPv6 of
Coap-server)%tap0]:(Port)/riot/board ). But because of FIT-IoT lab and
IPv6, I found that I need a border router. If i can avoid border
router and make this connection, its ok.
You propose me ethos. So I can add the lines as recomended in my CoAP
application.
Something that I must figure out.

compile ethos by running "make" in "dist/tools/ethos"
run ethos in "dist/tools/ethos": "ethos tap0 <your-iotlab-m3-serial-port>"

Which is <iotlab-m3-serial-port> ?

( Sorry if something is really obvious but I am new in all these )

All the best
Theodore